Attorney Jason J. Hirschberg
Not your father's lawyer
I started Hirschberg Law in 2009 with the vision that a law firm can, and should, do more than provide legal services to clients. Our legal team sees ourselves as an extension of our clients' businesses, providing in-house counsel, accessibility and team membership without the expense of in-house counsel.
With this philosophy, we have become not only legal advisors to our clients, but friendly, trusted members of their business team, producing business law services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
Before I entered the practice of law, I honed my natural analytical thinking by earning a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Wisconsin - Madison.
Adding to the strength of my analytical focus, I gained a wealth of business expertise in over a decade trading futures at the Chicago Board of Trade and Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
My unique set of credentials provides you with legal work that caries the innovation and analytical thinking from my engineering background, and the business negotiation skills earned on the trading floors of Chicago; something you are unlikely to find in many business attorneys in any size community, much less in a small community in Northeast Wisconsin.
My background and experience allow me to be very effective working with you in a wide variety of legal matters, ranging from general practice needs of individuals to a wide variety of business law needs. I have a special interest and focus on real estate matters, especially those of shopping center owners, developers & operators.
I'm honored to be recognized as one of the country's best lawyers, by the Super Lawyers rating service, and am especially proud to have been recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2013.
Having spent years honing my skills in the large cities of Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago, I realized that something was missing - a lack of community.
As a fourth-generation resident of Oshkosh, I'm proud to provide legal services to the community, and to give back to the community through organizations like the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation, the Boy's & Girls Club, the Oshkosh Yacht Club and the Oshkosh Youth Soccer Club.
Certainly the most gratifying aspect of reconnecting with the community where I was raised is being able to raise my children - fifth generation Oshkosh residents - here.
- Wisconsin, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2006
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Seventh Circuit, 2010
- J.D., Marquette University Law School, 2006
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1996
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Winnebago County Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Wisconsin Realtors Association
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Independent Futures Trader
- Nasdaq Pit Committee Member
- Chicago Board of Trade, Broker/Independent Futures Trader
- Oshkosh Area Community Foundation, Board of Directors, Executive Committee member
- Congregation B’nai Israel, Board Member
- Boys and Girls Club of Oshkosh, committee member